Welcome to Bethesda Project, Inc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost?
*All services are free*
- Will Bethesda pay the mortgage? No we don't pay for houses, but work with people who are behind on their house note, are in foreclosure, behind on their land taxes, or have high interest home loan.
- Does my name have to be on the loan? The name of the person seeking assistance must be on the loan.
- Does Bethesda recommend any lenders, home inspectors, realtors etc.? No we educate the clients on how to find qualified lenders, home inspectors, realtors etc.
- What certifications do the counselors have? All counselors are HUD certified housing counselors.
- Who certifies counselors? Mission of Peace CDC a HUD Approved National Housing Counseling Intermediary
- Does Bethesda offer down payment assistance money? No, but we can guide you to agencies that do.
- When are classes held? Please contact the office for times, dates and locations
- How long does a home buyers session last? There is an 8 hr. class that is required, please call for times and locations.
- Who should attend first time home buyers sessions? Anyone purchasing a home or planning to purchase home for the first time.
- Why are the sessions considered necessary? The sessions assist novice home buyers in the many components associated with the home buying process: Budgeting, finding a realtor, finding a home, finding a lender, the closing process, and maintaining a new home.